1.You build lung capacity. From our first breathing exercise to the final posture, your lungs are stretched beyond their normal elasticity. You will find you are taking bigger and deeper breaths than you ever have before, increasing performance time while giving you the competitive edge.
2. You sweat & detox. For 90 minutes you are exercising in a hot room, heated just enough for you to sweat out toxins and stretch safely. It is not like being in the sun or a sauna. You have to try it to understand. 90% of your body is made up of water. It’s important to flush old toxins and rehydrate with fresh water to keep your body healthy and happy.
3. You improve cardiovascular activity. 90 minutes of Bikram yoga is equal to 90 minutes of jogging, as far as your cardiovascular system goes, but instead putting strain on your body, joints or knees you are actually healing them which could add years to your running.
4. You can practice Bikram Yoga with an injury and potentially heal it. At some point in your running career an injury may surface. If you have to break from running, you can and should still practice Bikram Yoga to receive similar benefits as running while healing your injury at the same time. Bikram Yoga will also keep you in shape and continue to build up your stamina and a regular practice will help prevent injuries in the first place.
5. Yoga heals old injuries. Injuries can remain dormant in your body for a life time. Whether you recognize it or not, old injuries affect your performance. Yoga works through the tourniquet effect of compression and release. As you practice Bikram Yoga, circulation reaches these parts of your body and works like a pressure washer to clean out scar tissue and damage that has been done, restoring your body to it’s natural state.
6. You become bullet proof. It is true that Bikram Yoga is as mentally challenging as it is physically challenging. The more you practice, the more you find you become bullet proof, stress proof, and heart attack proof. Nothing will be able to steal your peace.
7. Yoga makes you alkaline. Practicing yoga creates an environment in your body that makes you much more immune to sickness and disease. Your doctor will love you. (or not, because you won't need medications ;)
8. Yoga encourages healthy habits. The more you practice Bikram Yoga, the more you find yourself making better choices for yourself. This includes lifestyle, diet and nutrition, and overall decision making.
9. You will have a better spine than you did when you were a kid! In Bikram Yoga, the natural body’s range of motion is restored and you will find your body starting to do things you haven’t done since you were 10!
10. Yoga is a path to self-realization. As humans our potential is limitless. We are 100% responsible for our experience on this planet. Acceptance of this is liberating and can bring infinite happiness and success to your life.